The Sephi Classics Thread

Page 6 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: The Sephi Classics Thread

Post by Darko Iulo on Sat Jan 18, 2014 12:44 pm

I don't call everyone am idiot. I call people idiots who are obviously wrong or have difficulty reading between the lines and can't seem to figure out what I'm saying.

Or in your case come up with some ridiculous reasons to support your statements. At least however you do explain yourself...or try to. Sometimes you're right and I agree with you and you make valid points. Just in this particular topic your points were based on nothing but your own stats you created.

Darko Iulo
Regular lvl3
Regular lvl3

Posts : 277
Join date : 2012-07-11

Back to top Go down

Re: The Sephi Classics Thread

Post by TheSappy1314 on Sat Jan 18, 2014 12:46 pm

"I call people idiots who are obviously wrong"

"obviously wrong"

k, bye

TheSappy1314
WARRIOR
WARRIOR

Posts : 480
Join date : 2012-06-29

Back to top Go down

Re: The Sephi Classics Thread

Post by tuna che culo on Sat Jan 18, 2014 1:34 pm

what the fuck happened to my post

i go to the rare trouble of posting a paragraph and it doesnt show up uuuuurrrrr
avatar
tuna che culo
L3G3ND
L3G3ND

Posts : 739
Join date : 2012-06-29
Location : The Isle of Samoa

Back to top Go down

Re: The Sephi Classics Thread

Post by TheSappy1314 on Sat Jan 18, 2014 1:35 pm

tuna che culo wrote:what the fuck happened to my post

i go to the rare trouble of posting a paragraph and it doesnt show up uuuuurrrrr

I've never wanted to see anything more, than a Culo paragraph

pls post it
avatar
TheSappy1314
WARRIOR
WARRIOR

Posts : 480
Join date : 2012-06-29
Location : Brooklyn

Back to top Go down

Re: The Sephi Classics Thread

Post by tuna che culo on Sat Jan 18, 2014 1:39 pm

oh what the fuck

alright well basically i said that the way i read it, he's making a prediction; rvp will flounder while suarez will continue to shine, therefore confirming his belief that suarez is a level above rvp.

the benteke line was a reference to how a player can have a red hot season or two and then be nobody again. rvp only started being recognised as a top player when he started scoring goals for arsenal, and that lasted one season. then one good season at united. now what? what if moyes doesnt get him firing again? he moves to another club and cant find his form again. meanwhile suarez continues playing the way he's playing. do you really think in ten years time we will be talking about them the same way if thats what happens? its possible that it turns out this way.

the falcao line was an exaggeration.


Last edited by tuna che culo on Sat Jan 18, 2014 1:42 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : one of the lines was kind of conf-i dont have to explain myself to you)
avatar
tuna che culo
L3G3ND
L3G3ND

Posts : 739
Join date : 2012-06-29
Location : The Isle of Samoa

Back to top Go down

Re: The Sephi Classics Thread

Post by TheSappy1314 on Sat Jan 18, 2014 1:41 pm

holy shit. That's the first time in over a month someone understood my logic.
avatar
TheSappy1314
WARRIOR
WARRIOR

Posts : 480
Join date : 2012-06-29
Location : Brooklyn

Back to top Go down

Re: The Sephi Classics Thread

Post by LiquidFuze on Sat Jan 18, 2014 3:55 pm

are you two going to make out now
avatar
LiquidFuze
WARRIOR
WARRIOR

Posts : 389
Join date : 2013-04-15
Location : New York

Back to top Go down

Re: The Sephi Classics Thread

Post by tuna che culo on Sat Jan 18, 2014 4:02 pm

ill fuckin hit you cunt
avatar
tuna che culo
L3G3ND
L3G3ND

Posts : 739
Join date : 2012-06-29
Location : The Isle of Samoa

Back to top Go down

Re: The Sephi Classics Thread

Post by Darko Iulo on Sat Jan 18, 2014 5:20 pm

tuna che culo wrote:oh what the fuck

alright well basically i said that the way i read it, he's making a prediction; rvp will flounder while suarez will continue to shine, therefore confirming his belief that suarez is a level above rvp.

the benteke line was a reference to how a player can have a red hot season or two and then be nobody again. rvp only started being recognised as a top player when he started scoring goals for arsenal, and that lasted one season. then one good season at united. now what? what if moyes doesnt get him firing again? he moves to another club and cant find his form again. meanwhile suarez continues playing the way he's playing. do you really think in ten years time we will be talking about them the same way if thats what happens? its possible that it turns out this way.

the falcao line was an exaggeration.

And my point was you don't support your argument using predictions. And his reason for naming Benteke had nothing to do with what you wrote. How do I know this? Because he named 2 other players. One of them has been pretty successful for his old club and his new one. Neither have been in ridiculously good form and then dropped off the next season. So again it's another pointless statement. Negredo and Remy haven't had red hot seasons than did nothing the next year. If he was predicting that they will what is he basing that on? Plus the fact both RVP and Benteke have had injuries this season so that doesn't mean they are just in bad form.

I predict Ibrahimovic will score 20 goals in the CL. See...I'm doing it too. Does that prediction support the argument about the quality of Ibra? No.

Italy are the best team in the world because I predict they are going to win the world cup.

Lawyered.
avatar
Darko Iulo
Regular lvl3
Regular lvl3

Posts : 277
Join date : 2012-07-11

Back to top Go down

Re: The Sephi Classics Thread

Post by tuna che culo on Sat Jan 18, 2014 5:47 pm

Darko Iulo wrote:And my point was you don't support your argument using predictions. And his reason for naming Benteke had nothing to do with what you wrote. How do I know this? Because he named 2 other players. One of them has been pretty successful for his old club and his new one. Neither have been in ridiculously good form and then dropped off the next season. So again it's another pointless statement. Negredo and Remy haven't had red hot seasons than did nothing the next year. If he was predicting that they will what is he basing that on? Plus the fact both RVP and Benteke have had injuries this season so that doesn't mean they are just in bad form.

I predict Ibrahimovic will score 20 goals in the CL. See...I'm doing it too. Does that prediction support the argument about the quality of Ibra? No.

Italy are the best team in the world because I predict they are going to win the world cup.

Lawyered.
we arent on the same page with this and i dont know what argument you're talking about exactly (rvp vs suarez?) but i think you're being too literal with the names he used. he was just using some examples of people that have popped up for a season or two to demonstrate what his opinion was. and that opinion was that rvp, while obviously a very talented player, is a flash in the pan as far as world class level is concerned. like when madrid wanted ashley young perhaps.

a prediction isnt a point made in an argument but i dont see why that would make them irrelevant to the conversation
avatar
tuna che culo
L3G3ND
L3G3ND

Posts : 739
Join date : 2012-06-29
Location : The Isle of Samoa

Back to top Go down

Re: The Sephi Classics Thread

Post by TheSappy1314 on Sun Jan 19, 2014 1:59 am

Darko Iulo wrote:
tuna che culo wrote:oh what the fuck

alright well basically i said that the way i read it, he's making a prediction; rvp will flounder while suarez will continue to shine, therefore confirming his belief that suarez is a level above rvp.

the benteke line was a reference to how a player can have a red hot season or two and then be nobody again. rvp only started being recognised as a top player when he started scoring goals for arsenal, and that lasted one season. then one good season at united. now what? what if moyes doesnt get him firing again? he moves to another club and cant find his form again. meanwhile suarez continues playing the way he's playing. do you really think in ten years time we will be talking about them the same way if thats what happens? its possible that it turns out this way.

the falcao line was an exaggeration.

And my point was you don't support your argument using predictions. And his reason for naming Benteke had nothing to do with what you wrote. How do I know this? Because he named 2 other players. One of them has been pretty successful for his old club and his new one. Neither have been in ridiculously good form and then dropped off the next season. So again it's another pointless statement. Negredo and Remy haven't had red hot seasons than did nothing the next year. If he was predicting that they will what is he basing that on? Plus the fact both RVP and Benteke have had injuries this season so that doesn't mean they are just in bad form.

I predict Ibrahimovic will score 20 goals in the CL. See...I'm doing it too. Does that prediction support the argument about the quality of Ibra? No.

Italy are the best team in the world because I predict they are going to win the world cup.

Lawyered.

Your method of arguing is to aggressively instigate a long discussion by calling people cunts and idiots. Then when you're proven wrong, you aggressively instigate a sub-argument by taking apart a line or two. I would like to "agree to disagree", but when you call everyone a cunt or an idiot, just because you don't agree with them, it becomes unbearably impossible.

The point isn't that Benteke, Remy, or Negredo may statistically be this season's RVP, the point is that Suarez is the best striker in the world right now. You don't want to have that discussion because its becoming clearer and clearer that its true. Even if Ibrahimovich scores 20 goals in the Champions League this season, it won't mean anything at all if PSG still finish in the Quarter Finals again. There's more to being a striker than scoring goals. The "best striker in the world" has to be able to show up when its important, and inspire their team to victory. Suarez has been guilty of fading against City and Chelsea, but he still has helped turn Liverpool into a strong team. That's how they reached both the FA Cup final and the league cup final under Kenny Dalglsih. That's how they defeated most of the top teams under Brendan Rodgers last season. Do you remember Dirk Kuyt's hat trick against United 4/5 seasons ago when Suarez was on fire and he forced three saves by De Gea which went straight into the dutchman's path? Yeah, Suarez has been on top for a long time. I would say it all started in 2009
avatar
TheSappy1314
WARRIOR
WARRIOR

Posts : 480
Join date : 2012-06-29
Location : Brooklyn

Back to top Go down

Re: The Sephi Classics Thread

Post by mccalledin on Sun Jan 19, 2014 9:16 am

I feel the need to point out that whilst he has been injured for large chunks of the season RVP still has 10 in 16. He's not just suddenly gone shit like everyone is making out, just injured, which hopefully won't continue.
avatar
mccalledin
Regular lvl2
Regular lvl2

Posts : 206
Join date : 2012-06-26
Location : Edinburgh

Back to top Go down

Re: The Sephi Classics Thread

Post by Stam on Sun Jan 19, 2014 9:41 am

Van Persie has always been injury prone, waste of money really they could have bought a more reliable, you ger striker. The main benefit was knocking Arsenal back but that's all changed now. Snip.
avatar
Stam
Admin
Admin

Posts : 319
Join date : 2012-06-25
Location : West Sussex (UK)

http://secretfifacommunity.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Re: The Sephi Classics Thread

Post by TheSappy1314 on Sun Jan 19, 2014 9:49 am

If i'm going to be honest. I do like RVP. I think he has the worst asshole-personality in football ATM (more so than Zlatan), and he is very injury prone, but his goal scoring is pretty phenomenal. It takes a lot of ability to keep Arsenal relevant.

But for very very obvious reasons, he's not even a top 5 striker right now.

edit: I think the worst kind of people are those who rate a player based on reputation. It's like saying "ha! our club is better because your club has no history!"
avatar
TheSappy1314
WARRIOR
WARRIOR

Posts : 480
Join date : 2012-06-29
Location : Brooklyn

Back to top Go down

Re: The Sephi Classics Thread

Post by Hazy on Mon Mar 10, 2014 6:53 pm



grim
avatar
Hazy
L3G3ND
L3G3ND

Posts : 708
Join date : 2012-06-26
Location : Bath, Somerset

Back to top Go down

Re: The Sephi Classics Thread

Post by tuna che culo on Mon Mar 10, 2014 7:38 pm

yikes
avatar
tuna che culo
L3G3ND
L3G3ND

Posts : 739
Join date : 2012-06-29
Location : The Isle of Samoa

Back to top Go down

Re: The Sephi Classics Thread

Post by TheSappy1314 on Mon Mar 10, 2014 9:09 pm

"Idiot Abroad" is a good show. The Route 66 episode blew my mind. Unreal Banter by Ricky Gervais
avatar
TheSappy1314
WARRIOR
WARRIOR

Posts : 480
Join date : 2012-06-29
Location : Brooklyn

Back to top Go down

Re: The Sephi Classics Thread

Post by Hazy on Tue Mar 11, 2014 6:18 am

TheSappy1314 wrote:"Idiot Abrooklyn" is a good show. The Brazil 14 episode blew my mind. Unreal Banter by Nard Dog
avatar
Hazy
L3G3ND
L3G3ND

Posts : 708
Join date : 2012-06-26
Location : Bath, Somerset

Back to top Go down

Re: The Sephi Classics Thread

Post by Mafewww on Tue Mar 11, 2014 8:48 am

Hazy wrote:
TheSappy1314 wrote:"Idiot Abrooklyn" is a good show. The Brazil 14 episode blew my mind. Unreal Banter by Nard Dog

fackin yeeaas
avatar
Mafewww
Admin
Admin

Posts : 466
Join date : 2012-06-26
Location : East Sussex

Back to top Go down

Re: The Sephi Classics Thread

Post by TheSappy1314 on Mon Mar 17, 2014 11:46 am

what's a good show with Karl Pilkington and/or Ricky Gervais. I'm watching Derek but its so slow
I wish Simon Pegg was in more shows
avatar
TheSappy1314
WARRIOR
WARRIOR

Posts : 480
Join date : 2012-06-29
Location : Brooklyn

Back to top Go down

Re: The Sephi Classics Thread

Post by LiquidFuze on Mon Mar 17, 2014 12:13 pm

Workaholics is really popular here, anyone heard of it in England?
avatar
LiquidFuze
WARRIOR
WARRIOR

Posts : 389
Join date : 2013-04-15
Location : New York

Back to top Go down

Re: The Sephi Classics Thread

Post by mccalledin on Mon Mar 17, 2014 1:50 pm

Anyone heard of the TV thread?
avatar
mccalledin
Regular lvl2
Regular lvl2

Posts : 206
Join date : 2012-06-26
Location : Edinburgh

Back to top Go down

Re: The Sephi Classics Thread

Post by LiquidFuze on Mon Mar 17, 2014 2:48 pm

What the fuck. I blame Selphi for making me think this was the right topic.
avatar
LiquidFuze
WARRIOR
WARRIOR

Posts : 389
Join date : 2013-04-15
Location : New York

Back to top Go down

Re: The Sephi Classics Thread

Post by tuna che culo on Mon Mar 17, 2014 5:05 pm

how did selphi catch on

im guessing it was something to do with him posting selfies
avatar
tuna che culo
L3G3ND
L3G3ND

Posts : 739
Join date : 2012-06-29
Location : The Isle of Samoa

Back to top Go down

Re: The Sephi Classics Thread

Post by Darko Iulo on Wed Mar 19, 2014 4:13 am

I don't think it has caught on.

Liquid came up with it and idk why but I think it's hilarious.

I'm sad that people have stopped using Tuna.
avatar
Darko Iulo
Regular lvl3
Regular lvl3

Posts : 277
Join date : 2012-07-11

Back to top Go down

Re: The Sephi Classics Thread

Post by tuna che culo on Wed Mar 19, 2014 5:56 pm

i see it all the time
avatar
tuna che culo
L3G3ND
L3G3ND

Posts : 739
Join date : 2012-06-29
Location : The Isle of Samoa

Back to top Go down

Re: The Sephi Classics Thread

Post by Mafewww on Thu Mar 20, 2014 12:05 am

i only call him selphi
avatar
Mafewww
Admin
Admin

Posts : 466
Join date : 2012-06-26
Location : East Sussex

Back to top Go down

Re: The Sephi Classics Thread

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum