The FIFA Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

So, that PES2013 is looking quite good already.

+2
tuna che culo
Bionicman
6 posters

Go down

So, that PES2013 is looking quite good already.  Empty So, that PES2013 is looking quite good already.

Post by Bionicman Sun Jul 29, 2012 3:48 pm

The most realistic part about that game is that you really have to work extremely hard to make an average player play well, unlike FIFA series.

You have to trap the ball manually to keep away from defenders, you need pass the ball around often as you can't use "Pace Abuse" like in FIFA series (here, if you want to sprint away quickly, you need to pull the RT 2-3 times to play the forward knock-ons while sprinting which in this game sort of leaves you out of control as in, being unable to play a precise pass or beat a defender who's in a good position) and you can't use the cut-backs and fake shots all the time as the CPU AI fall for it rarely even on "Regular" difficulty.

I've played only a couple of matches in the demo using the South American clubs. I've yet to play as the European national teams that are available. But so far, I'm pretty impressed.

The player animations are still wonky. They aren't as smooth as in FIFA.
Bionicman
Bionicman
Regular lvl2
Regular lvl2

Back to top Go down

So, that PES2013 is looking quite good already.  Empty Re: So, that PES2013 is looking quite good already.

Post by tuna che culo Sun Jul 29, 2012 5:35 pm

is the demo on marketplace
tuna che culo
tuna che culo
L3G3ND
L3G3ND

Back to top Go down

So, that PES2013 is looking quite good already.  Empty Re: So, that PES2013 is looking quite good already.

Post by tuna che culo Sun Jul 29, 2012 5:35 pm

suzy
tuna che culo
tuna che culo
L3G3ND
L3G3ND

Back to top Go down

Post by Bionicman Sun Jul 29, 2012 5:51 pm

tuna che culo wrote:suzy
Embarassed

Update:-

Just played a match using England against Italy and I have to say, it was top notch. The game ended up 1-1 on Top Player difficulty. The game's pretty much "pick-up-and-play" but it also has a nicely shaped learning-curve where you can constantly keep improving your technique. Regarding that match itself, it was just like in the Euros with Pirlo pulling the strings and making it hard for me to keep track of his passes. Player re-creation is just near perfect as advertised by Konami. I mean, to have Pirlo's AI play like the real man himself is just amazing. So too, Chiellini with his constant brick-wall style defending and Balotelli being unpredictable i.e., dropping off to shoot from range or doing something crazy like fouling Lescott with a late challenge.

Your team mate AI can be enabled with auto-passing which makes my team mate who I'm not in control of, play neat little flicks to another team mate should the ball end up near him by mistake. So, all in all, it's been a great experience so far, considering that this is a demo.

Big T, seeing as how I'm playing this on the PC, I'm sure it's available on the marketplace as well.
Bionicman
Bionicman
Regular lvl2
Regular lvl2

Back to top Go down

Post by Mafewww Sun Jul 29, 2012 6:48 pm

My topic got deleted, lol. But I pretty much said all that you've said.

For FIFA12, EA made a huge song&dance about the personality+ system, and all that turned out to be was traits and crap.

PES do a much better job, as I said in my topic, I noticed people like Ronaldo and Neymar ball hogging and doing skillmoves alot more then other players, etc.

And this is only an early version of the game, I think there will be 1 or 2 more demo's in the future.

Day 1 purchase for me.
Mafewww
Mafewww
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sk00p Sun Jul 29, 2012 11:44 pm

NO LICENCE, NO BUY

Sk00p
Sk00p
Regular lvl2
Regular lvl2

Back to top Go down

Post by St Bernabeu Mon Jul 30, 2012 2:33 am

Sk00p wrote:NO LICENCE, NO BUY

Lol.

I really enjoyed customizing kits in PES 2012. I just wished that I could load images in like someone on the PS3 could instead of having to take pictures and crop out the extra by hand. Got good at it, but still couldn't get the lighting right.

I wonder how well PES will stack up this go around with FIFA having very nearly the same manager mode features in it.
St Bernabeu
St Bernabeu
Regular lvl2
Regular lvl2

Back to top Go down

Post by oisin111 Mon Jul 30, 2012 7:49 am

I was pretty impressed with the PES demo, scoring goals isn't as straightforward as it is in fifa and it feels more rewarding when I actually do score. Goals don't feel like copies of each other either like they sometimes do in Fifa. I might end up getting it when it's price drops a bit.

oisin111
ub3r n00b
ub3r n00b

Back to top Go down

Post by Bionicman Mon Jul 30, 2012 4:16 pm

My Team mate AI suddenly turned into like that of FIFA 12 AI while the CPU AI improved minute-by-minute on Superstar difficulty. I'm hoping that this is just my imagination or that it'll be tweaked properly in the final release.
Bionicman
Bionicman
Regular lvl2
Regular lvl2

Back to top Go down

Post by Bionicman Tue Jul 31, 2012 12:56 am

Nope, not my imagination at all. My AI team mates really are dumb under Superstar difficulty. Playing as Portugal vs Italy and here are the observations...

1. I make 3 consecutive tackles using Veloso and the ball goes towards, first to Moutinho and he barely makes an attempt to gather the ball and as a result, Marchisio gets it without a challenge. Second and third time, the ball goes towards Mereiles and he, too, makes no effort in going for the ball and I end up conceding a goal.

2. I set my team to play the Offside trap and yet, Bruno Alves stays inside my own 6 yard box man-marking Balotelli while all my Portuguese players are OUTSIDE the penalty box. This happened 4 times in a single match.

3. Pirlo takes a free-kick straight at my GK who didn't have to move a muscle to get to the ball but decides to punch the ball straight at the feet of Balotelli who's on the penalty spot.

4. The Auto-Passing feature is non-existent in Superstar difficulty.

5. Using the GK to rush at the attacker is useless as the game seems to me like it's slow in calculating where the ball is. The GK takes a couple of steps forward and stops for a bit and then charges again, leaving the attacker to find all sorts of angles to beat him.

6. My defenders are woeful at marking and everyone want to close down the same guy leaving vast amounts of space for the opposition to exploit whereas if I try to do the same by manually triggering runs, the CPU AI man-mark perfectly. The tactics for applying pressure and closing down is set to Standard.

7. Sprinting as Ronaldo makes no difference as even Pirlo can run from centre midfield out onto the flank, beat Ronaldo for pace and make a flawless sliding tackle. No, I'm not talking about Pirlo closing down the angle.

8. Don't ask me about shooting and the way the CPU GK blocks every shot perfectly by pushing the ball away from danger whereas my GK plays the ball straight into the centre of the penalty box for the opposing players to shoot again.

All of those blunders and more are almost non-existent in difficulties up to Professional and only partly (and negligibly) seen on Top Player.
Bionicman
Bionicman
Regular lvl2
Regular lvl2

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down