The FIFA Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dark Souls Thread

5 posters

Go down

Dark Souls Thread Empty Dark Souls Thread

Post by Mishona Fri Jan 24, 2014 9:48 am

Dark Souls Thread Tumblr_m6l6o8EiMJ1r0bbrto1_1280

I do hope everyone has played DS, it's probably my favourite game in many a years, and I can't believe how hyped I am for DS2.

Strats, builds, help and discussion goes here. What's the hizzap?

Just started a 6th character, going for a DEX Thief. Might make another Sunbro and a Henno Tonk too
Mishona
Mishona
Regular lvl2
Regular lvl2

Back to top Go down

Dark Souls Thread Empty Re: Dark Souls Thread

Post by LiquidFuze Fri Jan 24, 2014 9:57 am

Haven't played it, want to beat Demons Souls first. What would you say are the biggest differences from the two? I usually hear DeS is harder, but I've also heard the reverse.
LiquidFuze
LiquidFuze
WARRIOR
WARRIOR

Back to top Go down

Post by Mishona Fri Jan 24, 2014 10:07 am

LiquidFuze wrote:Haven't played it, want to beat Demons Souls first. What would you say are the biggest differences from the two? I usually hear DeS is harder, but I've also heard the reverse.

I've not played the first one, never owned a PS3.

From what I know though;
Dark Souls doesn't have dedicated online servers like DeS did, but that will be changed in 2.
DS has more combat abilities; in jumping, Lunging attacks, Diving attacks and more movesets for weapons.
DeS has mana doesn't it? In DS, you have spell uses, which refresh at a bonfire.
The DS world has a main "hub" which connects most major places, but until you get the item that lets you warp mid-game, you must travel to and from places.

DS is more a spiritual sequel than a direct one, so feel free to get it any time - It's probably about £20 with the DLC included. If the offer is still on it's about £7 on XBL.
Mishona
Mishona
Regular lvl2
Regular lvl2

Back to top Go down

Post by Mafewww Fri Jan 24, 2014 10:34 am

Dropped about 150hours into the PC version, probably another 50 on 360 when I had that.

I've got a bangin' lvl100-something Mage, so OP.
I've got some dexty mother fucker, repping Parrying dagger for dem parries, Mail Breaker for dat bonus crit and a bow for rangin. so durty.
Currently trying to do some faith shit but it's turning out to be more annoying then I thought.

So hype for DS2.

Dark Souls Thread 13896110
Mafewww
Mafewww
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Mishona Fri Jan 24, 2014 10:38 am

Mafewww wrote:
Currently trying to do some faith shit but it's turning out to be more annoying then I thought.

FTH ain't too bad if you rush for the Astora's Sword straight from Firelink, then ASS - > Claymore -> Claymore +10 -> Div +10 Claymore

I fucked mine up badly, because I missed out on Wrath of the Gods from the spoiler part. So salty about that.
Mishona
Mishona
Regular lvl2
Regular lvl2

Back to top Go down

Post by Mafewww Fri Jan 24, 2014 11:32 am

I've used Claymore before on a different build, so fancied going for something different.

I decided to use Great Scythe & go for the occult path.
Got that to divine +5 before realising it was a piece of shit.

Then I thought Bastard Sword +5 Occult would be bangin', cos it's get's A scaling in faith at that stage.
I also thought duel wielding two of them would be hella swag too.
NOPE.
2 +3 devine Bastard Sword's later and I'm hating them too. Didn't realise they would be sooooo slow, exactly the same move set as the Claymore, pretty much. Only redeeming feature is the aesthetics of having two sheafs on your back crossed over, 420 praise it.

I got that class to like, level50, only 6hours wasted so no sweat. I might pick it up again at some point, lightning spear is godly and I'm gunning for the sunlight version.
Mafewww
Mafewww
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Mishona Fri Jan 31, 2014 3:39 am

At top level and 50 FTH, 30 STR/DEX I think Occult outdamages FTH by about 5-10 damage, not a lot at all.

Divine is always more useful simply because of the Catacombs and ToG. Hell, even against normal Hollows IIRC.

Great Scythe is top on a DEX Build, especially against turtles in PvP. The Bleed damage is high too. Bastard Sword is just a poor man's Claymore. Same with the Zwei.

Never done duel wielding, but I might do on this new build - Going DEX and gonna rush for the Tracer. Maybe have Gold Tracer R and Parrying dagger L.

Sunlight Spear isn't as good as the Greater Lightning imo, simply because it's more of a DoT tick damage, and has 1/2 as many casts as the Gr8er.
Mishona
Mishona
Regular lvl2
Regular lvl2

Back to top Go down

Post by Mafewww Fri Jan 31, 2014 10:52 am

Gold tracer + priscillas dagger is the fanciest duel wield I've used.
Spinning all over the place
Mafewww
Mafewww
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Mishona Sat Feb 01, 2014 2:04 am

Mafewww wrote:Gold tracer + priscillas dagger is the fanciest duel wield I've used.
Spinning all over the place

Shame Pris' dagger is underwhelming and the Bandit Knife is pretty much top tier knife.

I'm using a henno strength build for the first time, using an UltranGr8sword for the first time.

It's fucking hilarious. *R2* WHAM BAM SLAMMA JAM
Mishona
Mishona
Regular lvl2
Regular lvl2

Back to top Go down

Post by Mafewww Sat Feb 01, 2014 2:33 am

Lightning Zwei is OP as fuck
Mafewww
Mafewww
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Mishona Sat Feb 01, 2014 3:49 am

Mafewww wrote:Lightning Zwei is OP as fuck

Very tempted to make it Lightning.

This playthrough is probably gonna either be Stupid STR + Vit + END or I'll make it END+STR with a Gr8 Shield and Havel/Black Iron. Not sure yet, we'll see how it goes. Never used Heavy armour or great shields so it'll be interesting.

At the moment I'm using a +5 Zwei and a +6 Battle Axe, loving the R2 of the Axe, it's one of my favourites so far and it's decent speed.

I hope DS2 fixes Lag-stabbing. So sick of being back stabbed when they're in front of me.
Mishona
Mishona
Regular lvl2
Regular lvl2

Back to top Go down

Post by Mafewww Sat Feb 01, 2014 6:48 am

You could go ubern00b route and go giant set+mask of the father. Lightning zwei + sanctus as a backupshield for dat health regen.

easy killz son cos all you pump is STR to the requirement levels, END+VIT the rest of the way to 99 or w/e
Mafewww
Mafewww
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Hazy Sat Feb 01, 2014 9:26 am

Remember playing this a long time ago with my Indian mate online. I got pretty far according to my friend before I noped out and haven't played it since cos I've been too busy. Want to go back to it. Fun game but scary as fuuuuuck.
Hazy
Hazy
L3G3ND
L3G3ND

Back to top Go down

Post by Mishona Sat Feb 01, 2014 10:20 am

Mafewww wrote:You could go ubern00b route and go giant set+mask of the father. Lightning zwei + sanctus as a backupshield for dat health regen.

easy killz son cos all you pump is STR to the requirement levels, END+VIT the rest of the way to 99 or w/e

Giantdad lol.

Might just Reinforced Club +15 and whichever armour I like most. I got a 70 Darkwraith for Invasions. Might make this 125
Mishona
Mishona
Regular lvl2
Regular lvl2

Back to top Go down

Post by Mafewww Sat Feb 01, 2014 11:23 am

some reason my pc version is fucked, it's the only online game i have that won't connect me with fuck
I've got a 99 dark wraith and there's probably 6 people in the world i can connect to.

On the upside, i never get invaded because they just never connect. Means I have to quit out a lot tho cos the fog gate can just go up for agesssss waiting for their inevitable fail.

I seriously miss out on half the game due to shitty connection. Probs my ports or something
Mafewww
Mafewww
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by tallwhiteninja Sat Feb 01, 2014 5:45 pm

Beat it twice: once as a mess of a character that survived by rocking a full set of Havel's, the second as a DEX-based pyromancer (went with the Uchigitana). I've never won a single PvP duel.

DS2 is my most anticipated game of the year; can't wait.
tallwhiteninja
tallwhiteninja
Regular lvl1
Regular lvl1

Back to top Go down

Post by Mishona Sat Feb 01, 2014 6:49 pm

Mafewww wrote:some reason my pc version is fucked, it's the only online game i have that won't connect me with fuck
I've got a 99 dark wraith and there's probably 6 people in the world i can connect to.

On the upside, i never get invaded because they just never connect. Means I have to quit out a lot tho cos the fog gate can just go up for agesssss waiting for their inevitable fail.

I seriously miss out on half the game due to shitty connection. Probs my ports or something

Not quite.

Aside from Blades of the Darkmoon, you can only invade / summon for Jolly Co-Op +/- 10% +10/10 of your SL.

S'why 15 is best for Taurus/Havel and Gargoyles. 25 for Gaping. Maybe 30 for Queelaag. 40-50 for Anal Rodeo.
Mishona
Mishona
Regular lvl2
Regular lvl2

Back to top Go down

Post by Mafewww Sat Feb 01, 2014 11:27 pm

AYe, I know that.
But Oolacile Township is like, the hottest spot for invasions, and my game couldn't find anybody.
Fog gate goes up, bonfire goes out, and it just stays like that until the invader decides not to bother.
Mafewww
Mafewww
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Mishona Tue Feb 04, 2014 6:18 am

Mafewww wrote:AYe, I know that.
But Oolacile Township is like, the hottest spot for invasions, and my game couldn't find anybody.
Fog gate goes up, bonfire goes out, and it just stays like that until the invader decides not to bother.

Server Issues aplenty with DS1, on all platforms.

Shame really. So many "Failed to Summon" and "Failed to Invade" it's annoying as hell on my 70 Darkwraith and my 25 Sunbro
Mishona
Mishona
Regular lvl2
Regular lvl2

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down