The FIFA Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Game of Thrones / ASoIaF Thread

+7
LiquidFuze
Sk00p
Darko Iulo
mccalledin
Deese
BraveV
Hazy
11 posters

Page 2 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

Game of Thrones / ASoIaF Thread - Page 2 Empty Re: Game of Thrones / ASoIaF Thread

Post by BraveV Thu Jul 18, 2013 10:28 am

Sk00p wrote:Btw guys I'm not going post in this as, well I don't trust you guys

I don't want anything I haven't read ruined

I can speak for both Hazy and I and say that we aren't douchey enough to do that so it's all good.

BraveV
Regular lvl1
Regular lvl1

Back to top Go down

Game of Thrones / ASoIaF Thread - Page 2 Empty Re: Game of Thrones / ASoIaF Thread

Post by mccalledin Thu Jul 18, 2013 11:26 am

Haven't read any of the books so when I was in a WHSmith I thought I might get the first one to start. I picked up a book which had a number one on the cover , SO I ASSUMED IT WAS THE FIRST BOOK, and read a big spoiler on the blurb. It saddened me greatly and completely put me off reading them.

Maybe one day I will return to that state of mind and start on the books, the right one though.

mccalledin
Regular lvl2
Regular lvl2

Back to top Go down

Post by BraveV Thu Jul 18, 2013 11:51 am

mccalledin wrote:Haven't read any of the books so when I was in a WHSmith I thought I might get the first one to start. I picked up a book which had a number one on the cover , SO I ASSUMED IT WAS THE FIRST BOOK, and read a big spoiler on the blurb. It saddened me greatly and completely put me off reading them.

Maybe one day I will return to that state of mind and start on the books, the right one though.

The series goes in this order: A Game of Thrones, A Clash of Kings, A Storm of Swords, A Feast for Crows, A Dance with Dragons.
There's also two more books that aren't out which are called The Winds of Winter and A Dream for Spring. TWoW takes place after Dance. Also, GRMM wrote a trilogy of prequel novellas set a long time before GoT and they go in this order: The Hedge Knight, The Sword Sword, The Mystery Knight. Good luck finding those though, I think they stopped printing them.

Anyways, I highly recommend checking the books out again, they're much better than the show (the show is still fantastic, though).
BraveV
BraveV
Regular lvl1
Regular lvl1

Back to top Go down

Post by Hazy Thu Jul 18, 2013 3:20 pm

BraveV wrote:
Sk00p wrote:Btw guys I'm not going post in this as, well I don't trust you guys

I don't want anything I haven't read ruined

I can speak for both Hazy and I and say that we aren't douchey enough to do that so it's all good.

This. I wouldn't wish the horror of spoiling GoT on my greatest enemy. Actually, that would be a great way to get back at your enemy.
Hazy
Hazy
L3G3ND
L3G3ND

Back to top Go down

Post by Hazy Thu Jul 18, 2013 3:21 pm

mccalledin wrote:Haven't read any of the books so when I was in a WHSmith I thought I might get the first one to start. I picked up a book which had a number one on the cover , SO I ASSUMED IT WAS THE FIRST BOOK, and read a big spoiler on the blurb. It saddened me greatly and completely put me off reading them.

macdaddy get your shit together. Which one did you get and what did it spoil for you?
Hazy
Hazy
L3G3ND
L3G3ND

Back to top Go down

Post by mccalledin Fri Jul 19, 2013 5:05 am

Hazy wrote:

macdaddy get your shit together. Which one did you get and what did it spoil for you?

Sad  I was just trying to be more like you. And I didn't get any as I threw the book down in digust. It was a white book IIRC and the spoiler was
Spoiler:
. Posted before on my tablet so couldn't put spoiler tags in.
mccalledin
mccalledin
Regular lvl2
Regular lvl2

Back to top Go down

Post by Hazy Sun Jul 21, 2013 10:33 pm

mccalledin wrote:
Hazy wrote:

Sad  I was just trying to be more like you. And I didn't get any as I threw the book down in digust. It was a white book IIRC and the spoiler was
Spoiler:
. Posted before on my tablet so couldn't put spoiler tags in.

poor bby
the book you saw was A Dance with Dragons Part 1, which is the first part of the 5th book. The 4th series is based on Part 2 of the 3rd book so you saw pretty far ahead. If you still want to be an ultra cool elite book reader like me, instead of a filthy show-watching casual, Brave listed the books in order above. Read them, there's so much more nerdgasmic detail and the show cut out some amazeballz things like Strong Belwas and Tormund's endless supply of cock jokes, including a story of how he accidentally raped a she-bear which ripped off half his cock.

BUT HALF OF TORMUND'S MEMBER IS STILL TWICE AS LARGE AS ANY MAN'S!
HAR!
Hazy
Hazy
L3G3ND
L3G3ND

Back to top Go down

Post by Deese Mon Jul 22, 2013 6:24 pm

Tormund is one of my favourite characters

Deese
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Hazy Thu Jul 25, 2013 10:46 pm

i should change my avi. the show and emilia clarke's sexiness made me forget how much i fucking detest daenerys
Hazy
Hazy
L3G3ND
L3G3ND

Back to top Go down

Post by Hazy Thu Jul 25, 2013 10:54 pm

that's better Very Happy
Hazy
Hazy
L3G3ND
L3G3ND

Back to top Go down

Post by BraveV Fri Nov 08, 2013 6:08 pm

Finished ADwD a few weeks ago. Page 913 and the words "for the watch" will forever haunt me, that shit came out of nowhere. Been glued to the Asoif subreddit lately and theres a lot of good theories going on about whats to come. Cant wait The Winds of Winter.
BraveV
BraveV
Regular lvl1
Regular lvl1

Back to top Go down

Post by Hazy Tue Nov 19, 2013 8:37 pm

BraveV wrote:Finished ADwD a few weeks ago. Page 913 and the words "for the watch" will forever haunt me, that shit came out of nowhere. Been glued to the Asoif subreddit lately and theres a lot of good theories going on about whats to come. Cant wait The Winds of Winter.
He is not dead, simply waiting to be reborn. Whether that's for ice or fire remains to be seen.
Hazy
Hazy
L3G3ND
L3G3ND

Back to top Go down

Post by BraveV Thu Jan 16, 2014 4:28 pm

Season 4 trailer
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xZY43QSx3Fk

You've all probably seen it by now but I figure I'd post it anyway. What's is very interesting is that the first scene shows a dragon flying over King's Landing which for book readers is obviously confusing. I love Oberyn's "tell your father the Lannisters arent the only ones who pay their debts" line, so BA.
BraveV
BraveV
Regular lvl1
Regular lvl1

Back to top Go down

Post by LiquidFuze Mon Jan 27, 2014 4:35 pm

I just started watching the show and can finally join this.

Fav House: Lannister
Fav Character: Jamie Lannister
Who you want on the Iron Throne: Eddard Stark
Most Underrated Character: Theon Greyjoy
Most Underrated House: Tyrell
Fav Fight: The Hound and his brother. That scene was fuckin tops.
Who you want to shag most: It was a difficult choice, but in the end it has to come down to Melisandre. I have a thing for red-heads. And I love the idea of religion being juxtaposed with sex. Probably because my sexuality was repressed for most of my life due to religion and a strong moral upbringing. I would tie Melisandre to the bed, hands to each corner. I wouldn't tie her legs because I'd like to feel them enamored around my hips as I made sex to her from a missionary position. While I fucked her, I'd slap her over and over (not too hard, I'm not a freak like Joffrey) and whip her tits so that they became redder than her hair. After I was finished I would jizz in her mouth and make her savor every last drop and if she missed a single one, I'd kill her. After that I'd leave stoically and then let my entire batallion of guards gang-rape her. I'd estimate, maybe 40-60 minutes so all my guards would get a full turn. I'd be taking a shower and cleansing myself meanwhile. Then I'd come back and end it by jizzing on her again, only on her face nothing more.
LiquidFuze
LiquidFuze
WARRIOR
WARRIOR

Back to top Go down

Post by Claude Mon Jan 27, 2014 9:21 pm

......o_0
Claude
Claude
Regular lvl2
Regular lvl2

Back to top Go down

Post by Hazy Sat Feb 01, 2014 9:41 am

i now vote to permaban liquid pls
Hazy
Hazy
L3G3ND
L3G3ND

Back to top Go down

Post by TheSappy1314 Sat Feb 01, 2014 3:05 pm

wait, I just saw this...that's absolutely weird.

I second Hazy's vote to permaban Liquid.

You make me feel bad for loving House Lannister.
TheSappy1314
TheSappy1314
WARRIOR
WARRIOR

Back to top Go down

Post by BraveV Sun Mar 16, 2014 2:54 am

What do you guys think of my new room decoration?

https://i.servimg.com/u/f58/18/34/51/47/longcl10.jpg

BraveV
BraveV
Regular lvl1
Regular lvl1

Back to top Go down

Post by Hazy Sun Mar 16, 2014 8:07 am

oh snap, thats fuckin ace. thats the one from valyrian steel, right?
Hazy
Hazy
L3G3ND
L3G3ND

Back to top Go down

Post by BraveV Sun Mar 16, 2014 8:34 am

Yup, this one right here: http://www.valyriansteel.com/shop/swords/longclaw-jon-snow/prod_35.html

It cost $250 but damn is it worth it. The wolf's head pommel is made of metal with red jewels for the eyes, pretty badass. Now I just need some white walkers to kill.
BraveV
BraveV
Regular lvl1
Regular lvl1

Back to top Go down

Post by Hazy Sun Mar 16, 2014 8:52 am

Oh my, the difference in price between the regular and Damascus steel version.

Still brilliant, though.

From what I've seen of trailer stills, Oathkeeper and Widow's Wail are going to look incredible.
Hazy
Hazy
L3G3ND
L3G3ND

Back to top Go down

Post by BraveV Sun Mar 16, 2014 9:06 am

The damascus one does look really cool in person but I'm too poor to cough up $600 for it. I cant wait to see if Valyriansteel make replicas of Oathkeeper, Widows Wail, Dawn and all of the other cool weapons. My only issue with the show version of Oathkeeper and WW was that I think the books described on of those swords to have a red blade and they both look like regular silver in the trailers. They still look great though but that is one gripe I have.
BraveV
BraveV
Regular lvl1
Regular lvl1

Back to top Go down

Post by Hazy Sun Mar 16, 2014 9:16 am

Think it was red because of the Valyrian spellbound hue, right? In the same way Ice was described as blue. They weren't really red or blue, just had this weird CGI-esque magical effect, and I suppose the ripples kept up the illusion.

Tbf, it is difficult to get the Valyrian look in the blades. Neither Ice nor Longclaw had the effects and ripples so I guess they're just keeping up the consistency.
Hazy
Hazy
L3G3ND
L3G3ND

Back to top Go down

Post by BraveV Sun Mar 16, 2014 10:48 am

Ahhhh, didnt even remember the spellbound stuff I just thought the blade was actually red lol. Whoops.

I just found this picture of Oathkeeper from the GoT exhbit at SXSW and it looks incredible (even thought you cant see the blade). Dat hilt is sexy af
https://i.servimg.com/u/f58/18/34/51/47/oathke10.jpg
BraveV
BraveV
Regular lvl1
Regular lvl1

Back to top Go down

Post by Hazy Fri Mar 21, 2014 8:27 am

Been confirmed by Samwell Tarly that Coldhands has been cut.

Balls.
Hazy
Hazy
L3G3ND
L3G3ND

Back to top Go down

Post by BraveV Sun Mar 23, 2014 10:49 am

I actually have a theory that Coldhands will be replaced by the Three Eyed Crow

Three Eyed Crow Identity Spoilers:
Spoiler:
BraveV
BraveV
Regular lvl1
Regular lvl1

Back to top Go down

Post by LiquidFuze Tue Mar 25, 2014 2:19 pm

Didn't read any of the posts since I'm afraid of spoilers, but man they're picking good songs for these trailers.

TWO WEEKS LADS!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lkKYEzmR92A
LiquidFuze
LiquidFuze
WARRIOR
WARRIOR

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next